Friday, July 19, 2019

Round Two Recipe Round Up

Finally having some success with Round 2!  We are 12 days in and (seemingly) going strong and doing well.

The key this time was planning our dinners for the entire 30 days.  Some were recipes from our last round, some were new, and a lot of what we ate was just adapted recipes that I already use every day, but make compliant by using compliant ingredients.  Here's a few of the new ones we chose and are loving them!  I hope that you enjoy them, too.

1. Lemon Pork Picatta - adaptation, use tapioca starch or arrowroot instead of cornstarch, exchange the wine for more chicken broth.  I served this one with mashed cauliflower and steamed green beans.



2. Whole30 Chick-Fil-A Nuggets - let's face it...we miss Chick-Fil-A while on a round, don't we??? And 40 Aprons is a great site to glean recipes from.

3. Creamy Tuscan Chicken - This was unbelievably yummy.  I had intended to serve over spaghetti squash but time was running short, so I served over cauliflower rice, it was divine.  The leftovers for lunch the next day were even better!  We're planning on going on vacation in a couple months, and I always prepare frozen meals to take with us.  I'll be prepping this one ahead of time and pouring over spaghetti squash.  Only note would be to watch your sun-dried tomatoes, make sure that they do not have any added stuff, and if you choose oil-packed vs. dried, make sure that the oil is compliant.  I used dried.

I'll add some more links next week after we try a few new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment