Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Whole30 Squash-titchio



WHAT!?  LOL!

I know, you're saying, WHAT THE HECK!?  This recipe is meant to represent the greek wonder-food called Pastitchio.  Pastitchio (or pastitsio) is basically Greek Lasagna.  It is a pasta, mixed with meat sauce, covered in a béchamel sauce, baked to perfection and served along side pita and a greek salad. I had a Greek friend whose mom made the  most amazing pastichio.  I would dream about it.  Literally.

Years ago, I made a version of it myself using spaghetti, cream cheese, and meat sauce.  I made it more "upside-down" and called it Spaghetti Pie.  You'd mix the hot pasta with the cream cheese, half and half and spread it on the bottom of the pan, then top with meat sauce and cheese.

I really thought my days of enjoying this dish were behind me.  BOY WAS I WRONG!

Squash-tichio
1 lb Ground Chicken/Beef or Turkey
1 28 oz jar Compliant Spaghetti Sauce (I used Aldi Simply Nature Organic - my regions is compliant)
4 cups cooked Spaghetti Squash threads, DRAINED (I used some leftovers I had from a previous recipe - see note)
4 oz Kite Hill Chive Almond Cream Cheese
1/4 Cup Original Nutpods Creamer

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large saute pan, brown ground meat and add spaghetti sauce mix well, and turn off the heat.

In a separate bowl, combine cooked, drained spaghetti squash threads, KiteHill Chive Almond Cream Cheese and Nutpods.  Mix until squash is covered well.

Spread squash mixture in the bottom of the deep dish pie pan, or other 2 quart baking dish.  Top with the meat mixture.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the sauce is bubbly on the top.

Serve.

Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment