Thursday, September 3, 2020

Whole30 Tuna Tapas


A few years ago, one of our homeschool groups had a picnic.  My friend brought this amazing tuna dish and called it "Tuna Tapas".  She served it on a bed of quinoa (which is not compliant).  Everyone in my family loved it, in fact, I think we might have been the ones who polished it off and licked the bowl (Sorry, Lindsay!)

Each coop day, her daughters would bring it for lunch, and my daughter would stair at them longingly until they consented to give her a bit.  They call it "Tuna Tapas Tax" (some day, I'll explain our families "French Fry Tax"). Earlier this summer, my daughter was going to be at their house over dinner and my friend asked if she made Tuna Tapas for dinner would my daughter eat it.  After having a good laugh over it, I replied yes (and when I told my daughter thats what was for dinner, she did a fist pump and a "yesssssss"). 

I've been working on perfecting the recipe for replication and sharing.  I also looked at several recipes online, so this is fairly close to a lot of them, but tastes mostly like my friend's. And, it's Whole30 Compliant, easy and delicious!

A perfect summer meal.


Whole30 Tuna Tapas

4 Cans Solid White Albacore Tuna (make sure it's compliant!)

1 Red Pepper, seeded and diced

1/2 Red Onion, diced

2 Tbs Homemade Mayonnaise (or compliant store-bought like Primal Kitchen)

1 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar (check for sugar and sulfates!)

1 Tbs Olive Oil

1/2 Teaspoon Salt

1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper

1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder

2 Ripe Avocados, sliced

1 Large Tomato, diced

Bib or Boston Lettuce


In a large bowl, mix together tuna, red pepper, red onion, mayo, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper & garlic powder.  Serve over lettuce and avocado slices, top with diced tomato. 

When not on round, this is great with Siete Tortilla Chips.


No comments:

Post a Comment