Friday, January 1, 2021

January Whole30 - RASS Dressing


It's January.  It's 2021.  Hoping it's a better year.  2020 took EVERYONE for a ride.  Let's hope it gets better in this new year.

Well, 2020 took a toll on my waistline and I used the quarantine making very questionable food choices.  Thank goodness for the opportunity to reset.  Just like the half of the country, food resolutions are on the menu.  Thankful for Whole30 that gives you a quick reset, and the ability to reacquaint yourself with what your body needs nutritionally.

This is my 4th Whole30, and while I'm following for ingredients, I'm certainly not following all the rules (i.e. the SWYPO rule).  I've learned that SWYPO's do not derail my Whole30.  SO...if this is your FIRST one, I will be sharing what to do if you're on a strict round.  And to be clear, SWYPOs are NOT allowed on a strict round.  And I recommend HIGHLY if it is your first round, that you avoid them, too.  

So, that brings me to RoyAnn's Secret Sauce (aka RASS).  We have a local diner that has the most amazing sauce they serve with fries and fried things (which even non-Whole30 I can't eat because I'm GF/DF since the first time I did Whole30). It's such a good sauce.  It's a cross between a horseradish sauce and Thousand Island dressing.  But, so much more!  This time around, I've decided to make a compliant version to be used on all the things.  It's a dip.  It's a dressing.  It's a drink (okay, it's not a drink, but....it COULD be...).  I digress.  Give it a try, let me know what you think!

Whole30 RoyAnn Secret Sauce (RASS)

1 Large Egg
1 Tbs Lemon Juice
1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar* (check yours for sulfites!)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 Cup NutPods Original (or any compliant milk/cream)
1 Cup Pure Olive Oil (or Avocado Oil)
2 Tbs Tomato Paste
2 Tbs Horseradish
2 Tbs Dill Relish (I use Wegman's brand, but if you don't have one local, find a compliant dill relish)

Combine Egg through tomato paste in 16 oz wide mouth jar.  Place immersion blender stick into the bottom of the jar and start mixing.  Once "cream" starts to form in the bottom of the jar, slowly bring the blender up to the top of the oil.  Bounce up and down while it's running until the sauce is thick and smooth.  (Feel free to taste and adjust seasonings, if you like). Remover blender.

Stir in horseradish and dill relish.  Again, adjust to your liking. 

Serve on...everything (pictured on a salad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment